Wednesday, September 24, 2008


I have been playing around with my new sets from flourishes, and this came out cute, I just wish more of the details on the poppy and the words showed up better in the picture, because holding the card the flower is really pretty with all it's layers and the color is just stunning...well I think it is! This I am going to be mail to a friend. This friend and I found each-other again after more then 30 years, she lives in Germany so this card must travel a long way...
On to the details: I colored the flower and the leafs with water color markers then I cut everything out, making a extra top for the flower cutting out of middle on this extra top. I wanted this flower to really look dimensional, I colored with three colors and added white gel pen to the vines of the flower. I embossed flower top and leaves. stamped saying on round chipboard with black ink then put some ribbon behind. I stamped word poppy with chocolate chip ink and added some gel pen dots, background is made with marvy ink and simply green...

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

2 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, this is just so pretty Erin. What a beautiful job you did getting the poppy to "pop". Lucky friend...

Snippets Inc Craft Boutique said...

I love this poppy card:) Don't hate me, but tag your it, check out my blog for the details:}