Monday, October 27, 2008

Playing with sponges...



I was trying to use some sponges to add color a little different. Thank you so much Theresa for sharing that you sponge some of your color on. Her Blog is called Crafting the Web and she is my idol when it comes to card making... Everything she makes is Outstanding and she is just a master at color just ask me I am her biggest fan... If you have not been to her blog then you must go....See it for yourself ....Wow oh wow is she ever amazing!!!

Theresa Blog: http://craftingtheweb.blogspot.com/


On to the details: The stamps are Gina K...by: Nelanie Muenchinger... called A Year Of The Flower.
Inks: So Saffron,More Mustard,Pumpkin Pie,Close to cocoa, Basic Black
I used Derwent watercolor pencils also
Extra's: Ribbon, a button, tiny dot punches,White Gel Pen, clear embossing powder.
Paper: Is just basic white cardstock, some brown and a rust color nothing special, all came Michael's craft store

Thanks for visiting my blog... Theresa I know I am just one of many who admire your art and talent and I just had to give a shout out so others too can see the incredible Card Master of all time!!!


18 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh my, Erin! You did fabulous job on this car. I love how you framed your flower and your color selection is gorgeous. Love the whole thing...

Heather said...

You did a wonderful job on your card!! It is beautiful!!

Theresa Momber said...

Erin, this is gorgeous!!! Beautiful sponging and as always, your layout rocks!

Thank you so much for your very kind words. You are so, so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card. I'm into sponging right now too. I was using it on almost every card I made, but I've slowed down some.

Heather

Louise F NZ said...

Beautiful Erin, the sponging looks wonderful.

Juliana said...

What a beautiful card!!
I love your layout--and your technique!!

BEAUTIFUL!

scubasubie said...

I love this card. Looks like you rocked the sponge. I have yet to get the desired sponge effect that I want. Great job on the card!

Naomi said...

You did a wonderful job on the sponging! I LOVE IT! The photo corners look amazing, too. I like the embossing you did on the white strips behind the image.

Michelle said...

Isn't it amazing what just a little something can make such a big difference?!! I love your card!

Liz Goldhawk said...

Thanks for linking Theresa's blog... you did a great job with the technique!

CathyRose said...

The sponging is gorgeous! What a great addition to the design.

Natalie said...

Great card, I love the colours and layout. x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow what a stunning card fabulous affect ,love it xxx
huge thanks for all the lovely comments you leave for me hugs Dawnxx

Brenda said...

Fantastic job, I to love to sponge. I also am a fan of Theresa's and found you through her. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card and I am looking forward to what you have next.

gale said...

This is gorgeous!! I love everything about this card.

Lyn S said...

Wonderful card....so detailed!

The Mama Monkey said...

Wow this is so pretty! You have been very busy the last few days!!

Sankari W. said...

seriously beautiful card! love that sponging esp those colors together!! and that is such a cool shape to have! love the white textured cardstock and all your little details -- seriously beautiful!!!